Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Binks in the country..


Driving through the country town of Dwellingup, 100 kms out from Perth on Sunday I was delighted to see Wendy Binks wonderfully familiar 'stunned emu' adorning the outside wall of the local supermarket. Perfect quirky character to show the way to the Forest Heritage Centre.Wendy's work is much loved by Perthites and tourists from around the world.


... and how lucky was I, just around the corner on the same supermarket wall the equine beauty below painted by South African born Perth based James Giddy whose work you have seen here many times before, click his link to see more of his work..


Directly across the road we had breakfast in the Blue Wren Cafe.. is it just me or does the country air spike everyone's appetite, that's my excuse for partaking in a hearty breakfast :) Although I'm a city gal at heart country towns are such a treat to visit. Was sidetracked by finding unexpected street art in the country but I will show you the point of the trip tomorrow :) Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe...



33 comments:

  1. Is the emu by any chance related to our road runner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was thinking the same! must be distant cousins :) love both pieces!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I love the :startled emu!" I should use that as my profile for my upcoming knee surgery this coming Friday: http://visualstpaul.blogspot.mx/2017/08/kneed-to-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Emu!
    Love the horse and the wren, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your day befit your lovely soul, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the murals and really like the wee wren too, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I really like Giddy's work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that an emu or cassowary? :)
    Love it, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first photo made a good start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great, but the horse is my favourite. I will always love horses and I do miss them not in my life anymore. (sigh) Too expensive apart from anything else. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love that cute blue emu! A hearty breakfast on the road always seems like a good idea to me. I had one just Saturday on the beach in California. It was so big I couldn't finish it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The emu reminds me of the Roadrunner cartoon that was on tv years ago. Great murals Grace, and I like that wee blue wren on the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love stunned emu! Great name! The horse is beautifulz,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great murals. There are some murals around here. I've not gotten to take any photos of them. Besides they are not as nice as the ones you see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stunned emu and horse mural. There are some talented artists in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd be distracted by this wonderful art, too. What a great surprise. I love both pieces. The emu makes me think of an ostrich. Roadrunners I've seen have shorter necks and legs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great find Grace. I'm glad country towns are also getting some "artistic love". Love that Emu.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope the heritage centre lived up to its lively entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The emu is so funny painted (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One word, outstanding. Nice photos and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww, just beautiful murals. So has Wendy Binks been able to resume her work?
    Last time I was told she had to stop due to health-resons...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like that little blue wren the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, that cute blue emu with those two big eyes !

    ReplyDelete
  23. You hit the mural trifecta. The emu doesn't looked stunned to me; he seems more sinister to me. Like he's concocting a plan to get close enough to bite! Then again, maybe that's just my emu paranoia. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awe, what fun this was, thanks for bringing us too! The artwork is all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete